Friday, November 13, 2015

And the leaves come tumbling down

This morning is was something like low thirties here.  The thermometer  is nailed on a tree outside the bedroom window but it’s hard to read  when I first get up.  The reason its hard to read is because I usually haven’t located my glasses.  It would help if I put them in the same place each night, but I don’t and that probably tells a bunch about my personality but that reflection is for another time…. 

Anyway, the hard freeze started the leaf rain as soon as the sun warmed the air, especially from the silver maples in the front yard.  Amazingly, this year we were ready for the cold.  Dan tilled the garden the other day and, as I said earlier, we’ve already winterized the camper.  There’s plenty of wood for the stove at the back door as well.

We ran some errands today and parked under a tree.  When I returned to the truck, I couldn’t help but snap a picture of the little leaf.  I have no idea how it got stuck there.  I picture it drifting slowly down and landing just so.  FullSizeRender

I hope this picture makes you smile, because there are a lot of sad happenings in the world today.

No comments: