Thursday, July 09, 2015

Grabbing some lunch

Dan and I took a tour after another 2 1/2 inch rain several mornings ago.  It wasn’t enough to bring the water up enough to go over the spillway on the new pond, but it did cover up the outlet tube. 

We decided to go around the back side of the pond to take a look at the flow.  It was substantial even though this picture doesn’t show the real amount.  Also, this picture doesn’t show the snake, which only seconds before had its head a little way up the tube waiting to grab any minnows  or tiny perch that get sucked down from above.  IMG_7443

Dan then spotted the snake down in the grass about nine feet from the outlet tube picture above.  I set the camera on center focus and pulled the telephoto up as far as it would go.  I took three pictures—for some reason, all with the same setting.  At first I was disappointed, but the more I look at the picture, the snake head in the bubbling water is sort of interesting…. 

 

IMG_7440

3 comments:

Pablo said...

I like that photo of the snake.

Anonymous said...

I hate snakes....that's all I got to say bout that...

Linda said...

Thank you, Pablo. I'm guessing the Anonymous who doesn't like snakes is Carly. This one has round eyes so it is a good snake:)