Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lake Texoma

Who would have thought that we would be on a trip to Lake Texoma in July and turn  our furnace on for a short time.  Granted, it was rainy and we got a little chilled with that, but still, furnace, July and Texas.  I think it actually did set a record low in Dallas that night.

It was beautiful weather and good times with friends Dwight & Cheryl and Dwight’s brother Glen and Kathy in Preston Bend campground, a Federal Park,  on the lake.  Preston Bend campground is near Dwight & Cheryl’s son Dan and Kim’s lake house so we spent a lot of time there. 

The highlight of our trip, though, was our guided fishing trip out on the lake. 

Dan and I have only been on a guided fishing trip one other time.  That was in Canada and we were fishing for Walleye  by dropping our line over the side of the boat.  Fishing for Stripers on Lake Texoma was mostly the same. Other than our Texas guide had a fish locator.  He could tell us exactly how deep to drop our bait.  My trouble was knowing when the fish had the hook and set it properly.  Honestly, I might have lost as many fish as I caught—the big ones anyway.  I’d feel that tug and my reflex was to yank.  A little more finesse is necessary.  I think I got better.  So did everyone else.

Our guide was patient with us so we all caught our limit. 

IMG_1355

IMG_1375

IMG_1362

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dwight and Glen look like twins! Looking forward to the fish fry. Doug