Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day Three With Grandkids

Yes, I did say that there could be something better to eat than pizza and Hazel Hill chocolates.  That would be The Cheese Cake Factory! 

But first…

CARLY from Linda Hanney on Vimeo.

Sky Zone in Kansas City is a great place to burn off energy.   The whole place is trampolines.  You can bounce up and dunk a basketball, jump playing dodge ball and flip into a bin of sponge. 

I did not bounce, although enjoyed watching a lot.  Just watching worked up my appetite for lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory.  You can imagine how hungry those kids were.

I did not take a picture of my piece of Raspberry Fudge Cheese Cake.  It was a work of art but I guess all I could think about was eating it. 

After lunch, the kids graciously allowed Kim and I to take a quick tour around Crate & Barrel.  Then home.

On our last day, we visited Moon Marble Company.  We watched a marble being made—which is always interesting.  When we first visited in 2006, we saw Bruce Breslow, the founder and owner make a marble.  Although he didn’t demonstrate, he was there today.   He has an interesting story.  If you have time, follow this link that I wrote on our first visit.

After Moon Marble, we took Adam to his music lesson and then back to Kim’s.  Trent and Carly went to their other grandparents for the remainder of their visit.  It was so much fun to not only spend time with the grandkids, but also Kim.

Now, back to gardening and catching up.   

No comments: