Thursday, May 15, 2014

Crazy Cardinals

I am trying to be understanding. It’s a bird, a nice song bird at that.  But, around 6:00 to 6:15 each morning we have a  cardinal who starts flying into the big window by our bed.  One morning I got up and hung one of Dan’s shirts up there to see if that would scare it away.  Nope.

After a while it moves around to another window in the bathroom.  Sometimes during the day it will hit the office window.  This has been going on for at least a week.

This afternoon a couple of my retired post office buddies came by for a visit and a couple beers.  When they went to their cars to leave, guess what?

IMG_5541

IMG_5542

Inside the vehicle.  Poop on the jacket there on the seat. 

Carole’s car had poop on it below her window.  Her windows were closed.

I keep thinking this is part of some kind of ritual.  Carole says they have a blue bird doing the same thing at their house….

Any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

410 shotgun shell will handle that problem easily. Doug

Linda said...

Thankfully, the crazy bird has disappeared--on its own--I think...

Anonymous said...

I had a robin fly into our window. I think it's the same one that has a nest under our deck. Sylvie

Anonymous said...

I have a horrible time with birds here in Montana. A few years ago a huge bird flew through my double paned window, shattering it to a million pieces. Last year I broke my arm and tore a rotator cuff in an attempt to hang a whirly gig from a window to scare off a robin. And this year, at my cabin on Flathead Lake, I found a dead duck that had somehow found it's way into the house during the winter. I have no suggestions that could be helpful. Cindy

Linda said...

Sylvie, I wondered about protecting a nest. It let off for a few days, now its back, although not as relentless.
Cindy, you have had amazing history with birds/ducks/skunks, etc. I didn't know you did all that damage to your arm over a robin. You might have to install security--not for intruders, but for birds:)