Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blood Moon

I decided it would be fun to try to get a picture of the so called Blood Moon.  First, I set out coveralls, tripod, and boots. Then I went online and found settings for the camera to get somewhat of a decent picture. (ISO 6400, F5.6, 1/4 sec, 200 mm) I can never remember this type of thing.  Finally, I set the alarm for 1:45 am & crawled into bed.

I seriously considered turning off the alarm when it seemed to go off immediately after getting in bed, but I didn’t and glad of it.  Clouds were obscuring the moon when I went to bed but, thankfully, the sky was clear at the prescribed time. 

At 1:45 am the eclipse had already started.  So, I set the tripod up and waited.  Of course, I am not a serious photographer so there will be better pictures. It was red and beautiful.  This was my best shot.   In the end, it was fun to just sit and enjoy history.

IMG_5412_2

No comments: