Thursday, January 16, 2014

Front deck completed

September 24th of 2013, I wrote about the removal of our front deck, running it all through the sander and then putting it all back on.  If you remember, the 36-year-old deck was made of heart redwood which is no longer available.  All redwood available now is farm raised, lacking the quality of old stock.

The deck hit a couple snags.  Literally, a snag.  A splinter off the redwood caught on the sander belt which caused it to fail.  It took a while to get it replaced.  Then weather came into play. 

All excuses aside, it is now complete.  I should have taken a picture before the snow melted.  As you can see, there are mud tracks on it.  I am very pleased.  Now for the back deck.

IMG_4858

The next project slated to begin this spring is to remove all the front landscaping and start over. 

5 comments:

Pablo said...

There are a lot of things you could do around my house too.

Linda said...

Don't think you want us to do any work for you, Pablo. Four months for this small deck!

Anonymous said...

I say keep the front landscaping...especially the junipers. D

Kim said...

Those junipers will probably catch some horrible disease this spring, or possibly be desiccated by insects. It may happen some weekend you are out of town...

Linda said...

I've resigned myself to the fact the junipers are a done deal. I'll miss them--especially the hornets that loved to make nests in them.