Thursday, December 05, 2013

What is this??

IMG_4773

It’s a clothespin bag.  It’s hard to see in the picture but it can be tied at the waist and there you go—clothespins right at your fingertips.  I wrote a post August 9, 2006, with a similar question.  In that post, I modeled the clothespin bag my Mom made for me. 

Our church is having a Christmas celebration where there is a silent auction on “baskets.”  My basket this year will be a laundry basket, retractable clothesline and this clothespin bag containing 100 clothespins. 

Taking my pattern off the one my Mom made for me, I used the legs off of Dan’s old jeans.  I removed the pockets and stitched them back on because, unlike in Mom’s day, we all need a pocket for the cell phone.  Had I had a choice,  red plaid flannel would have looked great, but all I had here at home was a flannel sheet that doesn’t have a mate. 

Who hangs out clothes anymore (except me)?  We’ll see.  I’ll let you know if it is a hit or miss at the silent auction.

No comments: