Monday, December 23, 2013

Decorating cookies & school programs

Are there any two activities that define Christmas more in our memories of times past?  Grandma and I made cut out cookies and decorated, as did Mom and I and my own kids.  Here is our 2013 decorating party.  All three grandkids were there, but Evan hung in there the longest.

IMG_4800

School programs were definitely the highlight of the winter for Dan and I at our one-room Acker school.  We would memorize poems and little ditties.  The whole community would come to watch.  We received a sack of hard candy and an orange afterward.  img118

We attended Adam and Evan’s Tecumseh North Christmas program last Friday.  The orchestra members played  Christmas carols.  Then they showed a little movie about the school and the students.  It was well done.  Finally, Santa came and handed out sacks to each student.  I need to ask the grandkids, but it looked like there was hard candy and a orange in each one.  At 1st grade, Evan was excited.  At 6th grade, Adam had fun with it all.

IMG_4816

 

IMG_4822

I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few of those cookies better make it out to our house! Doug