Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Music our kids grew up listening to

So much of the music from our high school/college years is timeless—Elvis, Beetles, PPM (Peter, Paul & Mary), the women balladeers, come to mind.  Dan and I went through a period of Country & Western music so I have plenty of Kenny Rogers and Glen Campbell. 

Today, however,  if Dan is gone (he can’t stand loud music) and I want to kick up the volume and exercise, clean, mow (headphones), whatever, I go to the rock music from our kids’ growing up years. 

Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven”  is one of those songs.  I found this video thanks to my cousin who posted it on Facebook.  This song came out in 1971, when Kim was one year old.  I don’t know how much I actually listened to it in ‘71 (C&W years) but of course Led Zeppelin was around for a long time.  The meaning of the song is obscure but I like to think it means a woman finds money won’t buy her happiness or a “stairway to heaven.”

What an amazing production of a classic song.  And, it is obvious the original artists were moved.

No comments: