Thursday, March 14, 2013

Coincidences

Once again I am linking to a story from “This American Life”  I listened to on the way to Colorado last week.  The name of the episode was “No Coincidence, No Story

The producers of the WBZ radio show asked listeners to send stories of coincidences in their lives.  It was a fascinating segment.  Most of the featured stories were almost unbelievable.  For example, a person asked a new acquaintance to send him a picture.  In the background of that picture there was his grandmother.  And these two people lived thousands of miles from one another.

Another example was a young lady wrote her name on five or six dollar bills and dropped them into circulation with the thought that the person who found one of them would be the person she marries.  Really, listening to the story would be a better way to learn about this coincidence.

So, here is the coincidence that happened to us this week.  First, the picture.

IMG_2943 Years ago, probably when we were first married, my Mom made this ceramic clock for Dan and I.  Recently,  I moved it to its current location in our bedroom but did not plug it in.

Last Monday we were going through the house setting the clocks forward for daylight savings time.  We had just set the alarm clocks in the bedroom to 10:11 and turned to this clock. (As I said, it was not plugged in.)  I still can hardly believe the hands were at 10:11. 

We moved the dresser and plugged it in.  Sometimes I wish we would have left it alone.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That brought a tear to my eye Mom!

Linda said...

I know, it has made me think of Mom a lot lately.