Friday, December 21, 2012

Podcasts

I used to think of a podcast as a spoken blog.  At least that is what they seemed like years ago when I first listened to a few. 

Lately, I’ve been checking out what is out there again.  I am amazed and a little hooked.  Apple as its own app simply called, “Podcasts.”  It is free.  There is a place for searches.  Just type in a topic and check it out.  I like “This American Life” from NPR. 

Rick Steves has a travel podcast site which is very interesting.  I am also signed up for auto download of podcasts on a site called, “Books on the Night Stand.” I listened to one from the Nutrition Diva on my PC.  Then checked and downloaded it on my Apple phone. 

Basically, I would say to just Google podcasts and go from there.  They are usually less than an hour, much shorter than an audio book, so might be ideal for travel. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favortie podcast is "Stuff You Missed In History Class." Sylvie

Linda said...

Sylvie, I saw that one. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll set it up.