Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving week

Random thoughts…..

We wondered sometime back in late September how long before we turn on the furnace this year.   Well, not yet.  The combination of cloudy day and low temperature when we are home is the key.  The sun is moving south so the south windows gather enough passive solar to do the job.  Now, I will admit that here in my office on the north side of the house, I have used one of those little ceramic space heaters once in a while.

Time to break out the disinfectant wipes.  There are bugs out there that want to play havoc with Thanksgiving plans.  I have a cold right now.   The one big thing I’ve learned in recent years is rather than cover my mouth with my hand, I should bring my arm up and cough & sneeze into the inside arm.  Simple yet makes so much sense. 

We attended a community Thanksgiving gathering at Clinton this evening.  An informal group of bluegrass musicians got everyone up and clapping.  The combination of music, friendliness of neighbors and homemade cookies and cocoa made me thankful to be in a community that has been able to retain many of the rural values both Dan and I appreciate.

Looking forward to seeing all of our family this week.  There will be pictures!

No comments: