Thursday, November 08, 2012

Happy Birthday, Kim

scan0019 I thought you might like this picture on your birthday.  It is so good of you with Mom and Dad looking so much like we all remember them.  Then there is Dan peeking over your shoulder.  We were all so proud of you receiving your DPT from Creighton University that day. 

This election year reminds me that Dr. Bill Roy, my pediatrician, was also running for the US House the year you were born.  The birth was on Monday and Dr. Roy won his election on Tuesday.  On Wednesday he came in to see us.  Only it wasn’t only him, he had a whole entourage with him.  It was quite a deal.

We were in the hospital for three days.  During that time, Dan built a little shelf unit out of walnut for the nursery.  I think it has hung in some room ever since. 

So many of our life references revolve around this 1970 birthday.  Oh, let’s see, we built a house when Kim was four so that was 1974.  Kim looks like she was five in that picture with Bell’s puppies so they were born in 1975.  Doug’s 1972 birthday is very important to us, but that even year is so easy to figure. 

So, again, Happy Birthday, Kim.  Have a good one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Kim, and what a wonderful picture of Aunt Fern and Uncle Harv....just how I like to remember them. Sylvie

Linda said...

This picture is priceless to me. Thank you for your comment, Sylvie.

Kim said...

Thanks Mom! G&G were so awesome - always interested in us...miss them both. I need to have this pic in my office!