Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon rain

Tonight is a Blue Moon.  We won’t see it unless it clears up by morning. Truthfully, I much rather have the rain.
Here is what I wrote about a Blue Moon on May 31, 2007,
“Tonight will be the second full moon in the month of May, the first being May 2. According to the web site that came up when I Googled full moon, "On average, there will be 41 months that have two Full Moons in every century, so you could say that once in a Blue Moon actually means once every two-and-a-half years.”
This May 2007 post isn’t the last blue moon, that happened on December 31, 2009.  That one slipped by me, I guess.  I don’t have anything about it in my archives.
In searching for the Blue Moon entry, I found this one about songs with “moon” in the title.   These are the ones I came up with.  Surely there are more.
  • Moonlight and Roses
    Moon River
    Blue Moon
    Paper Moon
    Harvest Moon (Neil Young)
    Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd
    Tennessee Moon (Neil Diamond)                                                                 
  • Bad Moon Rising (CCR)
That’s about all I have to say about moons, unless you want to read about our visit to the Moon Marble Company in Bonner Springs on February 4, 2008. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Blue Moon was beautiful last night. Sylvie

Linda said...

Sylvie--beautiful picture on FB this morning too!

Pablo said...

I was out at my cabin for the night of the blue moon. I didn't see it because of the rain clouds. And I didn't get to skinny dip by the light of the blue moon because it was actually too cool.

Like you, I'd rather have the rain.