Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother’s Day respect

It’s late and I’m tired, but am taking a short time before I drop into bed to write a few paragraphs about the celebration of  Moms tomorrow. 

Of course we all love our Moms, don’t we?  Joyful thoughts of my Mom pop into my head often because she was that kind of person and I love her.   I knew Dan’s Mom from childhood and I think of her as well.

However, I just want to take this Mom celebration opportunity to tell  my daughter and daughter-in-law how much I appreciate them and all they do.  Especially after this day of having our three local grandsons here. 

In case friends my age have forgotten:  the food thing is hard enough, then there’s washing muddy/possibly tick infested clothes—not once, but twice.  Answering questions, intervention, mediation and trying to stay ahead of these bright young people. 

Moms with young families, you have my upmost respect.  Today I briefly sampled your day in and day out life and I wouldn’t trade that opportunity to spend time with our our grandkids who most definitely are our pride and joy.  

Lead on Kim and Drue.  Thank you for all you do to make our extended family loving and strong. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks Mom! I learned how to be a mother from the best :).

Linda said...

Ahh, thanks Kim. I just muddled through and thankfully, you both emerged beautifully!