Monday, April 23, 2012

Laura & James

are our friends.  And, we are a generation apart.  Meaning, their mothers are our age.  It’s always a treat to get together with them  as we did Sunday.  They make us feel young.

For once, it wasn’t me with the camera.  If I get a copy of a picture of all of us from Sue, I’ll add it later.  I like a visual to remember the day.

There are times when this blog does turn into more of a personal journal than my original intention of “observations.”  For instance, recipes that show up here now and then.  So many times favorite or distinctive  recipes seem to disappear from my hap hazard recipe filing system.  A simple search here will produce them from the archives. 

So, here is another entry.  James & Laura made these as appetizers.  And, Dan loves mushrooms.  If case anyone else might want to try these or if I misplace the recipe, here it is.  Enjoy!

Stuffed Mushrooms by James

Large Mushrooms
Remove Stems - just pull them out
Finely chop stems
Add 3 oz of Goat Cheese
3 Tablespoons sour cream
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tablespoons bread crumbs (I use Italian)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Stuff mushrooms
Bake 350 for 30 minutes
Broil for 10 minutes (My note:  I am thinking, with my stove at least,  I would be careful with this length of broiling.)

No comments: