Thursday, February 24, 2005

Is It Spring Yet?

This morning I was ready to walk out the door when Dan called for me to look at the sunrise. It was beautiful. Generally, a few clouds give depth and interest to a sunrise or sunset, but it was perfectly clear this morning. I ran for my camera, but before I could get it set up, the sun had almost risen above the horizon. It was still quite beautiful, though. There appears to be snow in the foreground, but it is only frost. There is a bit of a haze in the distance, probably just the cool, crisp air.

The promise of a beautiful day was fulfilled by the time I loaded the Yahoo for the route. My sweatshirt and vest was just warm enough with the sun shining through the truck window. Recent cold weather occurred with ice and snow covering the ground which enabled the grass to retained hints of green. I delivered a package to the door and actually saw little shoots of the early flowers coming up. It felt like spring was in the air today.

I know we have more winter to come, but for the next few days, I am going to think spring, get out my garden catalogs, and plan how to get some dirt under my fingernails.

No comments: